Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Spirit's life

In thinking unto the Lord the other night, I thought about how the Holy Spirit is given to us in His fullness but yet it is still only a 'down payment'. We do not have the manifestation of the Spirit in His fullness, like Christ did, because of being in these vessels of clay.

In my thinking, it was likened unto the city's water supply. The large water tower tank in a city holds all of the water, this is the Holy Spirit in His fullness. The individual houses receive all of the water that can flow WITHIN THE PIPES to any given house. Home water pipes are not 10 feet in diameter! They are usually less than a couple of inches in diameter because a private residential home isn't built to receive large amounts of water at anytime, yet the water that can flow is more than sufficient for one family's needs. This is the Spirit being given to each born again believer. However, WE play a part in the manifestation of the Spirit in our lives.

If we only turn on a spigot or faucet partially, then we only get a small flowing of water. All the water that a private residential home can receive IS AVAILABLE to that home but it's POTENTIAL is realized only according to the amount of opening that a person allows through the spigot.

Father, I don't want to hinder, grieve or in any way prevent the Spirit from having His free flowing ministry through my life. Show me how I am not opening my spigot entirely. Help me to open it so that the Spirit may flow freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment