Friday, March 15, 2013

Grown up Baby

As I was lying down thinking thoughts unto the Lord the other night, I was tempted to say 'Why, Lord?'
This was in response to thoughts I was having on some difficulties I was experiencing.

Before I could go further with my, 'why' train of thought, I began to think of what it's like to be a child.

A five year old may want to eat cookies - and nothing BUT cookies - for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The conscientious parent says 'No' and the child whines 'Why?!' 'They taste good, they fill me up, they look yummy, so WHY!?'

As I was pondering this mental scene, I began to see myself in the parent's/Heavenly Father's place.

We as the mature being with experience and greater foresight understand what can occur on a diet made
up solely of chocolate chip cookies. To the child, however, we are being unreasonable if not downright
mean for denying them something that appears to be so good.

Then I thought about how I see this situation in myself and others so much.
'why won't you let me have this relationship, job, possession, etc.'

Mind you, this is pertaining to those who may even care to ask the Father His will in a given situation.

When the door is shut or we feel a 'No' wafting into our spirit, we, no, "I" feel inclined to whine 'WHY!?'
But I long to see from your perspective Father. Even in typing that sentence I feel the thought coming to me 'It's not about seeing from My perspective; it's about trusting me'

Ah, yes, Father. You who can see the beginning from the end; You who always has my best interest at heart; You who knows what I REALLY need will not deny me any good thing.

Like the five year old child, my natural man thinks it knows better. Like Eve in the garden, I tend towards believing the lie. Help my unbelief, Lord.

I just don't realize how blind I really am . Just like the child, many things don't seem to make sense so reasoning situations out according to my own understanding, or following the path of least resistance, or doing what's practical feels right - but I don't want to live by feelings; like an overgrown baby!

I want to exercise my senses to know what is right, as the writer of Hebrews tells us, so that I can be mature and able to handle 'strong meat".

You are SO good Father! Thank You for Your Holy Spirit Lord.Thank you for your loving kindness and tender mercies!




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me rewrite this...
    There is a personableness and sense of breathing heavenward in your writings.

    Reminds me there is a place for an intelligent or thoughtful mysticism on this path of understanding Him.

    ReplyDelete