Saturday, April 5, 2014

Dealing with People, Problems

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes but the Lord pondereth the hearts. Prov. 21:2
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes, but the Lord weigheth the spirits. Prov. 16:2 

I was thinking unto the Lord about how easy it is for me to see where 'others' are falling short in their walk before the Lord. However, as has been my manner through what I believe is the instruction of the Lord, , I turned the light back onto myself to see where and how I am doing the same things that I notice in others.

As I was lying there thinking about how people are not seeing the error of their ways, I begin to have the
thought that it is very difficult to know your own shortcomings. We are blind to our faults and even if we have some indication of our ways, we justify ourselves. This is a work of our flesh (encouraged by the evil on and the world), this blindness, this justification.

So as I was thinking about the various dilemmas others are finding themselves in, I begin to ask the Lord
to forgive ME and help ME to see my error so I can be pleasing to Him. I used their situations as object lessons on how to begin to find my way out of my own delusions, after the manner of Proverbs,

I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding. And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down. Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction...Prov. 24:30-32
The problems that seem to plague people that came to mind pertained to 1). our relationships with others and 2). our desires.

We become angry, bitter, depressed, vengeful and whatever other negative emotion applies when people aren't being/doing what we want. We feel kindly affectioned towards those who please us.

We feel blessed and favoured when we get what we want and when things go our way. Not so, if the opposite is true.

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment