Friday, January 18, 2013

Difficult People are MY problem, not Theirs

I was reading on Crossinthewilderness.blogspot.com and the author, Bonita, was talking about how the trials we go through can show us where our weaknesses are.

This got me thinking about the current difficulties in my life and what the Lord is showing me and how my weaknesses must be submitted to God for His enabling Grace to do its transforming work.

One of the things I have been asking the Lord about is 'how do you deal with difficult people?'

After having this thought in the back of my brain for a couple of months, I felt this thought coming to me:
"I deal with YOU, don't I? You can deal with others the same way I deal with you.'

Oh.... o.k....

 I had been so focused on how OTHERS personalities are so difficult or trying and how they should try to change how THEY act, but I forgot about the plank in my own eye.

Then I thought about how we as people deal with young children. We are patient (for the most part) with their fumblings and mistakes; we deal compassionately with their little personalities.

I felt like the Lord was showing me that that is how he dealt with the disciples and how he also views us modern day disciples.

The Lord's flesh and soul were under His submission through the Spirit. People didn't 'rub him the wrong way' with their personalities because that type of reaction emanates from flesh and soul. He sees humanity with an eye of love and compassion, like a Father to his children.

This same spirit must be manifest in ME through the Spirit - die to flesh and submit my soul to the direction of  the Holy Spirit within.

No comments:

Post a Comment